We are in the process of sponsoring a maid. Can you issue a temporary entry permit to another maid?
- Yes, we can. However, the temporary maid must be sponsored by a registered labour supply company.
Can I hire household staff on a part or full-time basis? Can this person be issued with an entry permit to the community?
- Yes. You must ensure all members of your household staff are sponsored by you or that they are hired through a professional agency. According to local law, a person can only work for you as a maid or another household staff member, if he/she is sponsored by you OR if you hire the services of an individual through a reputable agency. You cannot employ a person on someone else’s sponsorship, even if they obtain a NOC from their sponsor. This is illegal and you could be fined up to AED 100,000 by the local authorities. For more information please refer to the household staff fact sheet.
How can I obtain an entry permit for my maid?
- Please complete the Household Staff Registration Form and submit to the community security office.
I would like to hire a gardener working on the community park to look after my plants. Can I do this?
- No. Gardeners working in the common area may not work inside private villas. You may directly contact any authorized landscaping maintenance service provider in good standing and with a valid entry permit to work in Emirates Living. Before you do so, please refer to the list of unauthorized service providers below:
• Mona Landscaping LLC
• Shadow Landscaping LLC
• Dreams Flowers Company LLC
• Happy Garden Landscaping LLC
• Springs Collection Trading LLC
• Green Weather Landscaping LLC
• Sindh Green Landscaping LLC
• Three Flower Landscaping LLC
• Imdad Ali Landscape Gardening LLC
My employer has no objection to my husband coming to stay with me every weekend and on other holidays. Can he be issued with an entry permit?
- Your husband does not need to be issued with an entry permit as he is considered a guest of the resident. Please note: maids’ husbands are not allowed to work inside the community.
I have friends in other communities and would like to visit them occasionally. Do I need to obtain an entry permit to enter other communities?
- No. You do not need to obtain an entry permit to enter other communities as you are considered a visitor. However, please note that you must carry with you an ID card issued by your community at all times when you are out.
I want to work in units other than my sponsor’s on a part-time basis. Can I do so?
- No. According to local law, it is illegal to work for anyone other than the household that sponsors you.
My husband stays with me permanently at the accommodation provided to me by my employer. Does he need to obtain an entry permit?
- Yes. Your employer (the resident) is required to provide the following documents while applying for your husband’s entry permit:
• Two passport-sized photographs
• A copy of his valid passport and visa page
• A copy of a valid labour card
- For more information, refer to the Access guidelines. Please note: maids’ husbands are not allowed to work inside the community.