I have noticed some damage to one of the common areas. What should I do about it?
- There are a number of things you can do:
• For urgent matters, please contact Community Security on 056 389 4076.
• Call us on 800 EMAAR (36227).
• Or email us at email@example.com.
What if the damage was accidental rather than caused by negligence? Is there a difference in whose responsibility it is?
- The community manager must repair common property and a homeowner must repair their unit, whether the damage was accidental or negligent. If someone else damages your property, then like any damages claim, you may take action to recover the cost of repairs from that person. In the event the common property is damaged, the person responsible will be charged for the rectification if the person is identified.
Some of my possessions were in my garage or garden and they have been damaged /gone missing. Who is responsible?
- The unit owner or occupier is responsible for items inside their unit. They may be able to claim on their contents insurance policy. As per the Community Rules, “Carports shall not be used for storage of any goods and/or materials therein”.