Keep your home pest-free by following a few simple steps
- Do not leave buckets, pet bowls, containers or any other objects where water can stagnate outside your home.
- Fountains and water features should have moving water. If not in use, the entire water feature must be drained and emptied.
- Do not allow excess water to accumulate in planter boxes.
- Clean out bird baths and bird feeders daily and replenish with freshwater.
- Do not leave empty cardboard boxes lying around your porch or lawn – they maintain the ideal moisture and temperature for pests like cockroaches to thrive.
- Do not leave food out for strays in the community – it attracts even more pests. Moreover, pet food is often reinforced with micronutrients like vitamin K that may help rodents help build immunity and develop resistance to rat poisons.
- Collect fruits as soon as they fall from trees in your garden.
- Dog waste can offer flies a breeding ground for weeks – ensure that any waste produced by your pets is discarded in the provided dog bins.