Four reasons Arabian Ranches is the sustainable community on the block
Integrating sustainability in all our practices is one of our priorities at Arabian Ranches. We do this in a number of ways.
Did you know that over 70% of the average household’s trash can be recycled?
- Recycling bins are installed outside every home.
- Collections are scheduled every week.
- Money generated contributes to the community’s income.
- Most pedestrian lights and bollards in the community are solar powered.
- Most other lights in the community are LEDs, helping significantly cut down on electricity.
- Nearly all species planted in your community are well-adapted to dry and arid conditions.
- Most plants don’t need as much water and thrive under the full sun, with little shade.
- For irrigation, drip irrigation pipes carrying TSE (Treated Sewage Effluent) are employed.
We’ve been slowly doing away with traditional paper-based communication, going digital on multiple fronts. Most general notices, announcements, community newsletters and CSF Invoices are now sent via email – saving tens of thousands of pages of paper.
How you can contribute:
- Start by fitting LEDs in all your light fittings.
- Check the five-star energy rating every time you buy electrical appliances for your home. Try to pick more energy-efficient products.
- Turn off the main outlet for devices when you’re not using them. All electrical devices consume phantom power when idle.
- Keep your air conditioning at 24 degrees celsius for optimal cooling and efficiency.
- Segregate recyclables like paper, plastic bottles and metal cans and drop them together in the recycling bins outside your home.